Save the Date for the Annual Robinson Jeffers
Fall Festival, with Three Events October 13, 14, & 15
Reservations required for Friday and Saturday events. Sunset Celebration $20. Saturday Forums $65. Both Events $80 per person. Sunday Poetry Walk is free.
Tickets can be purchased by calling the office 831-624-1813 or use the registration form in the Fall Newsletter or use a PDF of the registration form for the Fall Festival. Download the PDF, fill out the fields, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Call to make a payment, or pay at the Festival.
10/13 Friday 5 - 7 PM Tor House Sunset Celebration
Fine Wine and delectables; poetry, music and performances; stunning Pacific Sunset. Special performance readings by Lili Bita, Taelen Thomas, and Joyce Henderson
10/14 Saturday 8:30 AM-5 PM Fall Festival "Jeffers Talks".
A day of talks at the Carmel Woman's Club, San Carlos and 9th, in Carmel, across from the Sunset Center.
"Robinson Jeffers and the Anthropocene" presented by:
- Aaron Yoshinobu - "Jeffers and Deep Geology"
- Brian Calvert - "Jeffers, Grief, and Ecocide"
- Dana Gioia: "Jeffers and California Literature"
- David Ohanesian - "A Phoenix among the Unicorns"
- James Karman - Jeffers and Deep Time, an Introduction to Afternoon Talks
- Robert Zaller - "Jeffers and the Anthropocene"
- ShaunAnn Tangney - "Why Beauty Matters: Inhumanism and Justice"
- Joyce Henderson - A Dramatic Reading of Jeffers' Poems
10/15 Sunday 9AM-1PM Annual Poetry Walk at Carmel River Beach
Docent-led walk on beautiful Carmel River Beach with poetry readings. Bring your favorite poems to share and a bag lunch for communal picnic.